The HEARTSPACE program is a specialized prevention, early identification, education, and treatment program for women who are pregnant, parenting and substance-involved and their children prenatal – 6 years of age.
Is this program for me?
Primary Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be 12 years or older
- Currently experiencing problematic substance use or require relapse prevention
- Woman who is pregnant and/or parenting children from birth up to 6 years of age
- Resides in Thames Valley (London-Middlesex, Elgin, Oxford)
Admission Criteria will Include:
- Express a desire to make changes in their problematic substance use
- Express a desire to engage in parenting support
- Participation in a comprehensive screening & assessment process in order to develop an appropriate treatment plan
- Participation in the completion of a treatment plan to change substance use patterns and practices (change includes harm reduction and abstinence goals, as appropriate for individual).
Who can make a referral?
- Persons concerned with their substance use can access screening, assessment and treatment services in London-Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford Counties. Third party and self-referrals are welcome as well from other sources.
- The program is completely voluntary.
How to make a referral and acceptance into the program:
- Attend ADSTV Walk-In Intake in either London, St. Thomas, Woodstock or call the Strathroy office– please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-673-3242 for more information on times and locations.
Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of the heartspace Program include, but are not limited to: improved health, social outcomes, quality of life of women with substance addictions who are pregnant/parenting and their children. This service will increase availability and appropriateness of services specifically targeted to women with substance addictions who are pregnant/parenting and their children. This program supports clients to meet their addiction related recovery goals, increase parenting support/skills, and decrease multiple or duplicate health service utilization.
heartspace is a collaboration and partnership of a number of agencies that provide social and healthcare services.
Megan Neill at 519-673-3242 x239