June 1-7, 2014
Video Game Addiction is a global concern with significant personal, family, and social impact. Like other dependencies, it is non-discriminatory and affects persons of all ages, gender, and socio-economic statuses.
Characteristics/warning signs of Video Game Addiction include:
– Decrease in academic/work/household performance
– Feel irritable/restless when not online/gaming or when trying to cut down
– Lying about time spent online/gaming to friends and family
– Playing for increasing amounts of time, longer than intended, and/or disregarding set time limits
– Preoocupation with gaming and/or loss of interest in other activities
If you or someone you know is affected by excessive gaming and would like help, please contact,
Internet, Gaming Disorder and Problem Gambling Services Program:
519-673-3242 x234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free and confidential consultation.