This agency attempts to be a safe and supportive space for everyone who comes here. To achieve this goal we ask you to respect the following:
- Please respect the confidentiality of all persons you may encounter here.
- Allergy Alert: Please do not wear or use any scented products.
- Violent language or behaviours are not acceptable. Please attempt to use non-offensive language.
- Weapons of any kind are absolutely prohibited.
- Turn off your cell phone while you are in this agency.
- Do your best to attend free of mood-altering substances.
- Children are welcome here. Parents/caregivers are responsible for the care of their children.
- Keep your belongings with you at all times.
- Show respect for all persons regardless of age, race, colour, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, or spiritual practices.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted inside or within 10 metres of the building.
- Do not dispose of needles or used drug equipment in public places. A staff member can assist you with safe disposal.
The following activities may create risks or triggers for others in the agency, and may result in a request for you to leave the building:
- Any gambling activity e.g. scratch and instant win tickets, placing bets.
- Video gaming, including cell phones and handheld games.
- Attempting to obtain substances or offering to share or sell substances.
- Using substances, including medical marijuana, while on site at ADSTV.
- The wearing of clothing that promotes or displays gambling, substance use, gaming, violence, or offensive language or images.
- Discussion about substance use, gambling or gaming in the reception area, washrooms and hallways. Please save these discussions for your time with your counsellor.