ADSTV welcomes individuals with lived experience to apply to become a Peer Ambassador.
Being a Peer Ambassador provides volunteer opportunities for those who identify having lived experience – people who have experienced the addiction system.
Peer Ambassadors may or may not have been involved at ADSTV. Anyone with lived experience who is now stable in recovery, is welcome to apply.
We work to ensure that all Peer Ambassador roles are clearly defined, rewarding, and valued. We want Peer Ambassadors to take on roles that provide skill development opportunities and hands-on experience, while engaging in their own recovery process, and giving back to the community.
Peer Ambassador Eligibility
- Persons with lived experience
- Willingness to be identified as a Peer Ambassador
- Treatment complete and stable in recovery with proven effective self-care
- Understanding of triggers and responses
- A desire to give back to the community
- Commitment to the timeframe noted on position posting
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check acceptable to the agency
- Completed application form