In some cases you can see your doctor or go to a walk-in clinic to ask for help, there may be medication that can help. Your doctor can offer support and suggestions to help you.

You can go to the Withdrawal Management Centre at: or call them at (519) 432-7241 for more information. There, you can start the process of detoxification before you come in to see us or you can wait until you are seeing a counsellor and start later. You can speak to your doctor about your withdrawal needs too. If you are feeling suicidal, go to your doctor, your local emergency department or urgent care centre in the county where you live.

We do support harm reduction and if you cannot stop using because of the withdrawal symptoms you may need to continue using.

If you are using injection drugs or are using piercing equipment click here for information about where to get clean needles and exchange your own.